The Value of Life Insurance
These funds can help your loved ones pay monthly living expenses, stay in their home and pay off debts, including final expenses. It can also help send a child to college one day, continue a family business or leave a legacy for your favorite charity.
There are two kinds of Life Insurance:
Permanent Life Insurance
Provides protection that lasts a lifetime or for the life of the policy. It may build cashvalue that can be used even when you are living.
Typically, permanent insurance is used to cover long-term needs like:
- Pay for final expenses
- Provide an ongoing income for your family
- Supplement retirement income
- Fund an estate or business continuation plan
Term Life Insurance
Provides affordable coverage for a specific period of time. Payment amounts don't change for the guaranteed premium period.
Typically, proceeds from a term life insurance policy may be used to cover needs like:
- Pay off the mortgage on your home
- Provide an emergency fund
- Help provide for a child's education fund
- Pay off personal debts